Hundreds of thousands of Canadians - single parents, families, independent business owners, contract workers without benefits - suffer from serious illnesses each year. Thanks to the advance of modern medicine and technology, many of these people will survive their ordeal. But recovery can be expensive and can take a long time.
Critical illness coverage helps survivors to manage the costs associated with recovery by providing a valuable lump-sum payment. This money, which can be used for any post-illness expense, helps critical illness survivors deal with the financial demands of recovery.
This money can be used in many ways, including:
- Replace lost income
- Keep a business going during your crucial recovery period
- Pay off a mortgage
- Reduce debt incurred during your illness
- Renovate your home or relocate
- Protect savings and assets from being spent on recovery
- Help maintain your family's lifestyle
- Make a dream come true