Get Your FREE Life Insurance Quotes Today
Life Insurance Exam
What to Expect
If the very idea of a life insurance exam causes stress, you’re not alone. But the fact is that most life insurance exams are no more than a routine physical, and you don’t have to be in perfect health to qualify for affordable life insurance.
An independent medical professional such as a nurse or paramedical is hired by the insurance company to conduct the exam at no cost to you, and in most cases you’ll be able to schedule it in your home or office.
During the Exam:
- You will be asked to provide a detailed medical history.
- Your height and weight will be recorded, and your blood pressure and pulse will be checked.
- You will likely be asked to give a blood sample.
- Lastly, submit a urine sample and you’re all finished.
- Remember, exams vary by insurance company. For older or high policy value applicants, EKGs, or other assessments may be required.
After the Exam
Exam results are sent directly to the insurance company, where an underwriter will examine the findings and determine your insurance rating. This information will determine your premium. You don’t have to be in perfect physical health to qualify for affordable life insurance, but if you are judged to be chronically or seriously ill, you may be declined for coverage or offered an increased premium.
- Get a good night’s rest the night before the exam.
- Stimulants such as caffeine (including caffeine-containing analgesics), cigarettes, coffee, or herbal supplements should be limited.
- Schedule a morning appointment. Your body may be worn out after a long, stressful day.
- Avoid strenuous work or exercise at least 24 hours prior to the exam.
- Keep yourself healthy! Eat a proper diet.
Having the peace of mind that your loved ones will always be protected is well worth the hassle. You can shop and compare quotes at SolutionsFinancial.ca.
We also offer No Medical Exam Life Insurance.
Get your FREE Life Insurance Quotes.