Tag Archives: Insurance Brokers
Strong Family Connections can Increase Life Expectancy
“The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you” – Joyce Meyer
Over a century’s worth of research underscores the link between life expectancy, physical health and strong, healthy family connections. The researchers behind a new meta-analysis conclude family support can increase survival by up to 50 percent. Moreover, exercising or losing excess weight turns out to be less important to physical health than interpersonal social networks.
The researchers analyzed results of studies going back to the early 1900s with a total of 308,849 participants. Strong family connections were found to help improve health and extend life expectancy. This is done primarily by protecting individuals from stressful situations or establishing a standard of healthy living.
Excuses for Not Having Life Insurance
As a Canadian insurance broker I have heard many excuses over the years as to why people won’t buy life insurance, here is a small list of the most common excuses.
- I don’t want to leave money to my spouse; after I die they are just going to spend it with their new partner.
- I’m totally healthy I will buy it when my health starts to fail
- We like to travel 2 or 3 times a year and we can’t afford any new expenses right now.
- My kids can deal with it when I’m gone.
- My father and mother lived into their 90s.
- I don’t believe in life insurance,