Tag Archives: life insurance coverage
As a Canadian insurance broker I have heard many excuses over the years as to why people won’t buy life insurance, here is a small list of the most common excuses.
- I don’t want to leave money to my spouse; after I die they are just going to spend it with their new partner.
- I’m totally healthy I will buy it when my health starts to fail
- We like to travel 2 or 3 times a year and we can’t afford any new expenses right now.
- My kids can deal with it when I’m gone.
- My father and mother lived into their 90s.
- I don’t believe in life insurance,
Years ago, we could secure employment where you did your job and went home in the
evening to enjoy your family time. Now it’s a crazy life with a frantic pace, which we call progress in a 24/7 world.
Most employers are asking their employees to work longer hours, earning less money and with little assistance. We live in an age where we have instant access to emails, text messaging and abundance of information at the tips of our fingers. One would think with this we would have more time however it has been proven to have caused the opposite. Inundated with so much information, we sometimes find it more difficult to make a decision on the simplest tasks.